Roof flashings are fittings that are set in place to keep water from flowing through the cracks that develop between your roof and various other installations, such as a skylight, a dormer window or a chimney. While many other areas of your home might have flashings – including your porches, walls, doors or windows, the roof flashing is the most common, since its role is the most crucial to maintaining the structural integrity of your home. The Wichita roofers at Penney Construction take pride in great installation of roof flashing, knowing it is the most important part of your home’s roof.
A roof flashing ensures that all joints between your roof and any other installations remain watertight. When rain falls and the water is guided by your roof towards your gutter guards and gutters, these valleys that remain between the roof, chimney and skylight, would normally allow water to flow through, damaging your walls and property. Flashing installations are in place to prevent that, keep your roof decking dry, and prevent water from flowing through to reach the more fragile areas of your home.
A few years ago almost all flashing was made from lead sheet. Although that’s still an option today, it isn’t the only one. Because of the cost of lead and because of renewed concerns regarding lead contamination, materials such as zinc, plastic and rubber are more commonly used. Lead flashing is normally utilized with a coat of waterproof paint for added protection.
Original Post over here: The Importance of Choosing the Best Roofing Products: Why Do You Need Roof Flashing?
You may be looking for a home that blends in with its surroundings until it looks like it’s part of them. On the other hand, you might be looking to transform your existing home to such an extent that everyone in your neighborhood will be able to notice its unique and edgy design.
There are a few simple ideas and principles of exterior architectural design that still work today, and will continue to do so for a long time:
- Always balance the function of your interior design with the beauty and appearance of the exterior. Do you need large windows, uniquely shaped artistic rooms, or maybe a few extra balconies for added comfort? Consider all these factors before having your custom home designed.
- Get the most durable materials that can still reflect your personal style and preferences. If you love wooden finishes and designs, for instance, you can use high quality cedar materials or even opt for a material like vinyl or concrete siding, which can easily mimic wooden siding designs and can be installed quite efficiently by hiring one of the licensed Wichita roofing companies in your community.
- Design a beautiful and original entryway that fully reflects your sense of fashion and style. The entry to your home has to make a clear statement regarding your personality and what you want to display the most to your visitors. You can use anything from various color combinations to unique patio furniture or luxury lighting fixtures to customize your patio and entrance.
A little creativity goes a long way when it comes to designing or redesigning your new home’s exterior. When it comes to the best and simplest architectural trends, however, the aforementioned ideas should help you make your house stand out the most.
First Seen here: Basic Exterior Architectural Design Trends and Ideas That Work Best Today
Gutter screens are one of those smaller details about your home that you may not even have thought of when you first bought it. However, if you take a closer look, you’ll find these remarkably efficient systems have a lot to offer:
- With gutter guards installed, you can relax about your gutters being affected by debris, pests, contaminants and insects.
- Gutter screens can help you save a lot of money you’d have to otherwise spend on repairs. Even basic roof repairs can be a few hundred dollars, and if the water damage reaches the underlayment, you might have to get a new roof entirely.
- The installation process is extremely simple, so you don’t have to sit around and wait for technicians to work on your home for weeks.
- Modern gutter guard systems are known to last for decades, and some of them even have warranties that guarantee they will continue working for up to a quarter of a century.
Now let’s take a look at some of the disadvantages of gutter guards, to help you make an informed decision:
- If you have a slightly larger home, the cost for gutter screens can be higher than you might afford. It’s not uncommon for prices to exceed $1,500 in some cases. Some of the best roofing companies Wichita KS has highly recommend having gutter screens installed.
- Also, gutter screens will not eliminate the need for proper cleaning and maintenance. Although you won’t have to clean your gutters every 6 months, you may still have to check up on them and perform routine maintenance from time to time.
Original Post over here: Evaluating the Pros and Cons of Gutter Screens – Should You Buy Them?
Insulation is essential for your home, and the state of Kansas can be one of the more challenging areas for choosing the right r-value. Fortunately, Wichita is situated in an area not as ravaged by cold weather or storms as other parts of the state. So, the requirements for insulation are as follows:
- For the attic you will need at least a level of insulation of R-38 and at most R-60, in order for your home to be up to standard with proper home insulation levels. However, seeing as Wichita is in one of Kansas’ warmer regions, you can usually get away with R-40 to R-50, without having to go for the highest possible value. To be sure contact the experts who have experience in roofing Wichita KS homes for the most reliable product specifics.
- For the ceiling you’ll normally need a rating of about R-30. This is the minimum for home insulation in the area, although you can also go up to R-38 in the case of most homes.
- When it comes to your floor, you can go a little lower, seeing as the floor is slightly more protected from the elements. An r-value of R-25 will usually suffice.
- Finally, when it comes to your walls, for the cavity you can get a minimum of R-13, however, the insulation sheating will depend on the type of heating you use. When it comes to electric furnaces a higher value of R5 to R6 will be required, while the added heat generated by gas furnaces will let you get away with about half of that.
Originally Posted right here: Get Informed About the Proper Amount of Insulation to Use in Wichita
Concrete siding is a more expensive material to choose for your home. However, according to many experts, this added expense is well worth it, since you’ll not only be gaining access to a high quality, durable siding material that was built to be virtually maintenance-free, but also to a beautiful and highly customizable type of siding that can even be adjusted to mimic stylish wooden siding with its design.
One of the greatest advantages that sets concrete siding above other types of siding materials is its durability and resilience. It’s well-known that wood starts to fade after a few decades, and vinyl can be damaged much sooner than that. In contrast, concrete siding can last for well over half a century, and it will withstand high winds, storms, hail, snow and even fire without any extensive or irreparable damage.
Although it’s not indestructible, concrete siding can easily be replaced or repaired. Also, there are many expert contractors like Penney Construction who specialize in concrete work, and would be more than happy to provide you with an affordable quote.
Finally, the stylish appearance of concrete siding will make your home stand out even in the richest of neighborhoods. You can impress your friends and relatives with unique, modern designs, or opt for a more traditional, pleasant look that will help take away your worries each time you return home from work.
First Seen right here: Should You Get Concrete Siding or Opt for Something Else?
In Kansas, insurance adjusters are especially in demand. Kansas’ yearly tornadoes have claimed many homes in their entirety, and the cost of rebuilding is often substantial. Fortunately, this strong demand for reliable insurance adjusters and the ability to deal with insurance companies more easily has been around for many years, and today there are a lot of skilled and efficient adjusters you can call upon.
The first thing you need to do is make sure the insurance adjuster you work with is a local Kansas adjuster. He/she will know exactly how to tackle local insurers to get the best possible outcome for you, they work well with the local Wichita roofing companies too.
Next, get to know your adjuster in person. Don’t just talk on the phone, since you will have to explain the situation in full and see what kind of person you’re dealing with. Is your adjuster friendly, responsive, active, helpful and engaging? Or are you stuck with someone who doesn’t even have enough time to take your call or reply to your email?
Present your case in full, and leave no detail out. Even though you might not be able to trust your insurance company, you should work with an insurance adjuster whom you can have faith in. Presenting all the evidence and making sure you have all the details regarding what happened, why you need to file a claim and what your insurance policy says regarding coverage will be the surest way to help your adjuster get you the compensation you deserve.
Originally Posted here: Tips for Working with Kansas Insurance Adjusters
When you move to Wichita and you want to remodel or renovate your home, the roof is one of the first places you should consider improving says some of the top roofing companies Wichita KS is home too. Without a solid roof, your home’s interior walls will become damaged and deteriorate over time, and any other remodeling job will be rendered effectively useless.
So let’s take a closer look at what the 2017 market has to offer when it comes to modern Wichita roofing solutions:
- Advanced roofing shingle manufacturing technology is among the leading trends in the Wichita industry. Unlike in past years, traditional slate, concrete, asphalt and wood products are no longer at the forefront. Today you will likely see more of composite shingle and metal roofing – most especially with a focus on energy-efficiency.
- Some eco-friendly roofing supporters go so far as to implement solar panel roofing and green roofing solutions. These installations are able to significantly improve your home’s ability to deal with high energy demands and changing Wichita climate conditions.
- Lately, most roofing specialists have also recommended the direct implementation of roofing systems together with various upgrades. Greater insulation, hi-tech ventilation systems, gutters, improved flashing and much more is in store here.
The new advancements in roofing have allowed some contractors to push past the normal boundaries of a roof’s usual life span. As a result, many composite shingle roofs these days can last much longer than common asphalt shingles, and you can expect a metal roof to outlast anything else, except for clay and slate.
Article Source on: New Roofing Products and Trends for Wichita